Wednesday 19 May 2010

This was only ever just a temporary measure

This autumn, about a week before the epic snowy winter set in, I went to the Lake District with my mum for a very relaxing long weekend. In between eating hearty breakfasts and pub suppers we were on the constant look out for coffee & a slice of cake to tide us over during our meanderings.
While we were wandering around Keswick one afternoon, searching for our next fix, we stumbled across Temporary Measure, a gorgeous gallery / shop / cafe on the high street.

The lady who owns Temporary Measure turns photos she's taken in the Lake District, Japan & San Francisco (amongst other places), into canvas prints and adds a short narrative that sounds as though it's an excerpt from a longer, more elaborate, story.

The most beautiful boy in all of the world...

I'd actually seen some Temporary Measure wares (bags, purses & trinkety things in a similar style) at one of the pop-up Manchester Market stalls about 5 years ago with my friend Jemma. We both loved it all and indulged ourselves by buying a little badge each, so when I found a WHOLE shop to browse through I was in heaven.
The canvases fill the walls of the shop and you can stare away at them all while you enjoy a nice pot of tea & piece of homemade cake in the little tea room.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite shop in Keswick. they've done a great job with it since they moved from Manchester and I bet they are so much happier in The Lakes too. Lovely little feature x

    ReplyDelete