Monday 24 May 2010

British Summer Time

This weekend was glorious. I spent Saturday at Naomi's house sunbathing on her decking, we had a view of the horses in the field next door and the Pennines in the distance. More friends popped round in the afternoon and apart from a quick break to eat a massive takeaway we stayed outside until about 10pm. We bounced on the trampoline, messed around with some golf target practice (I was predictably rubbish) and just generally lazed around all day. Brilliant!

After some more sunbathing yesterday morning we went to a bbq for the afternoon. I was in danger of burning by this point because of the green-tinged translucent skin that I have inherited from the ginger Irish Godfreys (why couldn’t I have got the Smith borderline-olive-skinned gene?). I ‘borrowed’ some stronger SPF cream and manoeuvred away from the strongest glares and it seems to have worked because I escaped the burn, but still have trillions of freckles that just make me look like I need a good wash!

When I got home last night I was grateful for our west-facing balcony because I had a really good view of the sun setting over the Todmorden hills and saw some amazing Crepuscular rays (my new word for the day). I didn’t take a photo but for the purpose of the blog let's pretend it looked just like this…


I feel as though I’ve been away on holiday this weekend and am suitably refreshed - now I’m ready for the bank holiday to begin! Bring on Friday 6pm…

No comments:

Post a Comment